 Marketplace / Shopping / 10736
Re: Old stock re-appearing....possibly near you
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 02:17:38 GMT

I stopped by my TRU this afternoon. For several weeks now, they have had a
series of shopping carts out front just filled with *junk* for clearance.
And if it rains during the days, these carts filled with stock sit in the
rain. Needless to say, there is nothing good in there.

However, today I drove by and out by the carts, standing in a TRU window
frame above the shopping carts was one of the large display Lego
mini-figures! Normally you see these inside up high on the Lego shelves.

He has red pants, a blue zipper jacket and a white contruction hat. And a
TRU orange clearance sticker that said "New Lower Price! $2.99"

I snagged him fast.

A large display mini figure for $2.99. Who would have guessed??

Watch your TRU!

-- Bryan

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message
All,

I just got a call from a colleague in our sales department. They are • working
closely with the big chains this summer to clear out much of their old • inventory
to make way for newer products.  ¬¬ While my colleagues were out and about • all
over the country, several people noticed that especially Toys 'R Us stores • often
had a great deal of older stock. There is at least one story of something • being
found in a back room of a TRU from 1993, and since that TRU wanted to move • it,
they tossed it in the clearance bin!  ¬ ¬ I have no details on where or • what can
be found. The word I've gotten though is that TRU is the place to look. Be • sure
to check back often between now and fall, as the cleaning effort is • ongoing.¬ ¬
Jake¬ ¬ ---¬ Jake McKee¬
Community Liason¬
LEGO Community Development¬