 Marketplace / Shopping / 10545
Re: US S@H Specials, Apr 23 - 29, 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:22:51 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Er, bother.. why are they blowing this out?

In lugnet.announce.lsahs, Thomas Stangl writes:

3736    Blue Train Doors w/Clear Panes          $ 6.99    $ 3.50

You may not know this, Lar, since you did not go to the Lego Outlet during
BrickFest 2002, but...

One of the special blow-out items during BrickFest 2002 was the bulk pack of
Light Gray Train windows with Glass.  There were at least 2 full K-8 size
cartons of them that the Outlet was trying to liquidate.  They started out at a
discounted price, but by the end of the event they were selling them for just
$1.99 per pack.  I managed to get enough so that I will likely never be short
on clear Train glass again.

I was surprised to see this.  I would have figured there to be a pretty good
demand for the Gray Train windows following the release of set 10020 SFSC
locomotive.  This was before the release of the series of coaches for the SFSC
train when many builders were probably still making their own custom coaches.

____