 Marketplace / Shopping / 10532
Re: US S@H Specials, Apr 23 - 29, 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:15:19 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Petrucelli writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Petrucelli writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Bryan Kinkel writes:

It would have probably made more sense to offer the train doors & windows
together: 10 windows and 4 doors in each set.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!  What about people who want the windows and have no intention • of
making a train, therefore no need for (or even want) the doors.

That's what BrickLink is for. If LEGO got the general proportion (average,
across everyone) right, BL can smooth out lumps of freaky desire.

OK, but if TLC is already doing right as far as the windows go, why screw with
it?  Why not just produce less of the door pack?

Well, I just placed an order all the way from Africa
for a mess of the door packs.  Oodles!  I'll find a use
for them, maybe a nice *blue* cruiser...

But I got the most annoying customer service person
I've ever encountered--she sounded like the TV-stereo-
typical unamused teenager (apologies to the teenagers
around here, many of whom I've met and are nothing like
this) and seemed to be chewing gum or something, and
talking in a total, like, monotone?  With, like every-
thing a question?  Not really helpful or pleasant, just
sort of "there."  It was a real change from the CS I've
come to expect from S@H.

Especially when dialling from Africa, at base inter-
national rates (no 800 tollfree), I'd kind of like to have
someone who doesn't sound like they're rolling their
eyes and pouting.  But at least the order got taken,
and in relatively good speed, so there's no actual
complaint, just disappointment.  Feh.

Again, Tom, thanks for keeping us in specials bright
n' early (except when you're out).  I'm gonna have a
mountain of little boxes at home when I get there in
a few months.

best

LFB