 Marketplace / Shopping / 10531
Re: US S@H Specials, Apr 23 - 29, 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:05:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Bryan Kinkel writes:
BL can smooth out lumps of freaky desire.

Larry - for some reason this phrase struck me as particularly funny.

I would describe "Freaky desire" as the sensation that occurs as you go on a
late night BrickLink hoarding spree, buying out the only 30 copies of some
obscure part from 9 sellers in 4 different countries. And prior to your
spending spree you only had 2 of this part in your collection and it
regulated it to the "What was Lego thinking? I will never, ever use this
part for anything" bin until you stumbled upon a really novel use for it.

Oh ya, been there, done that. :-) What's always good is the notes you get
from befuddled sellers, wondering what you are up to and some hoping to dump
other dross on you.

I'm wondering when it's going to happen to me for THIS part:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30373

That part kinda scares me. It's so darn worthless. And I have so MANY of it
from all the grey plates *cough* Siths *cough* packs I parted out.