 Marketplace / Shopping / *8964 (-20)
  Re: Other deals at Potomac Mills

(...) No deals on trains. The train section has been pushed all the way in the back righthand corner, and consisted of 4561s and a few accessories. Too bad, it would have been nice to see some MOT stuff or Metroliners there. The half-price table (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tuesday Morning Report

(...) Cary, I'll be passing by the VA store this weekend and I'm trying to decide if I should plan on stopping. I don't suppose you remember any other good deals they had? Specifically, do you remember if they had any train stuff? Actually I guess (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tuesday Morning Report

All Soccer sets have been marked down at the Lego Outlet stores. I know the Discover Mills (Atlanta, GA) store has a lot of soccer buses in stock. Their nubmer is (678) 847-6078. If you get the fax tone, wait a few minutes and call back. They also (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tuesday Morning Report

(...) ... No busses. I saw 3410 Field Expander, 3402 Small Grandstand with Lights (for $7?), and a value pack with 3403, and two of the sets like 3412 - 3414. On the other hand, I was up at the LEGO Outlet store in Potomac Mills (VA, USA) this past (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tuesday Morning Report

Cary, Can you expand on what soccer sets were available? Any soccer busses? Thanks for the updates, Bryan "Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message news:GqpLJC.1v9@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) these (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Good News for us?? (was: Bad news for TRU)

Question: Can people watch the TRUs that close and see if they can acquire the 'promo' items that might be related to Lego? I'm thinking of the large mini-figs and bricks, if they are in place.... of course, I've only seen these in the updated (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Tuesday Morning Report

(...) Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm still home doing grades (should've been turned in yesterday) so I figured there's no way I'd have time to check! Now I don't have to worry that I'm missing anything! Maggie (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Tuesday Morning Report

Don't bother. My Tuesday Morning in Durham, NC has put out the selection that will be available at 8am Feb 5th. There was some soccer, studio (but not exploding bank) a lot of very small box sets, some polybags, a lot of it the same that they had (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) I dunno how much time you spend in modern libraries, but from the sound of it, I think TRUs are just catching up with the modern library. The modern library consists of lots of curvy-shaped tables with PCs everywhere with a few carousels of (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) The new TRU in carousell (here in perth) is in what I assume is this new format. The lego section is much easier to find than the ones in the city and morley. (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) I've actually seen a couple different formats over the last couple years. A couple years back they seemed to be switching the stores over to a layout based on a large oval around the store. Around the edges of the store the high shelves mostly (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) A few of the stores that I frequent are of a smaller than average square- footage. Perhaps they are to small to convert (as none of them have the new format). Perhaps they are the ones to be axed. Ray (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) I have noticed a couple of Australian stores undergo this renovation. In Sydney(AUS), Parramatta, Chatswood and Moore Park have gone from library mode to carousel format. The LEGO section was moved from up against a back wall to a much more (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) The older TRU layout (in the US) was a lot like a supermarket. A number of parallel aisles, divided by tall wall-like shelving, which made the store feel more like a warehouse and less like a store for children. The newer layout is much more (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Where does unsold Target clearance stuff go?

(...) As far as I can tell, Target is not afraid to 'clear the decks'. That attitude is what make their stores look cleaner than any other that I know of (K-Mart could pay attention here). Target (generally speaking) also does not overload the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) Any info on the "Mission Possible" format they talk about? I don't think I've seen that here in Australia. I'm not sure if TRU Aus is separately owned or not. ROSCO (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) Quite right. I just heard on TV about this: they said all about closing stores and firing staff, and in the end they added "TrU management in Portugal stated they intend to open two new stores in 2002, adding to the existing 6". (...) <Sigh!> (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) The official TRU press release is here ... (URL) not indicate which stores tho. Ray (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) The first sentence says they are closing 64 stores, last sentence says they are opening 100 new stores!?? Yes, better clearances are a must, no matter what, where or when :) Julie (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Bad news for TRU

Hi, everyone: TRU is apparently $91m in the red this year, and is planning to close 64 stores and eliminate almost 2,000 jobs. (URL) Ugh. Well, maybe if they'd hold better clearances...;) best LFB (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact