 Marketplace / Shopping / *8954 (-20)
  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) I've actually seen a couple different formats over the last couple years. A couple years back they seemed to be switching the stores over to a layout based on a large oval around the store. Around the edges of the store the high shelves mostly (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) A few of the stores that I frequent are of a smaller than average square- footage. Perhaps they are to small to convert (as none of them have the new format). Perhaps they are the ones to be axed. Ray (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) I have noticed a couple of Australian stores undergo this renovation. In Sydney(AUS), Parramatta, Chatswood and Moore Park have gone from library mode to carousel format. The LEGO section was moved from up against a back wall to a much more (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) The older TRU layout (in the US) was a lot like a supermarket. A number of parallel aisles, divided by tall wall-like shelving, which made the store feel more like a warehouse and less like a store for children. The newer layout is much more (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Where does unsold Target clearance stuff go?

(...) As far as I can tell, Target is not afraid to 'clear the decks'. That attitude is what make their stores look cleaner than any other that I know of (K-Mart could pay attention here). Target (generally speaking) also does not overload the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) Any info on the "Mission Possible" format they talk about? I don't think I've seen that here in Australia. I'm not sure if TRU Aus is separately owned or not. ROSCO (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) Quite right. I just heard on TV about this: they said all about closing stores and firing staff, and in the end they added "TrU management in Portugal stated they intend to open two new stores in 2002, adding to the existing 6". (...) <Sigh!> (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) The official TRU press release is here ... (URL) not indicate which stores tho. Ray (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) The first sentence says they are closing 64 stores, last sentence says they are opening 100 new stores!?? Yes, better clearances are a must, no matter what, where or when :) Julie (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Bad news for TRU

Hi, everyone: TRU is apparently $91m in the red this year, and is planning to close 64 stores and eliminate almost 2,000 jobs. (URL) Ugh. Well, maybe if they'd hold better clearances...;) best LFB (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Where does unsold Target clearance stuff go?

(...) I think they DO sell most of it to us because, unlike some of the other stores, they're not afraid to take big discounts. I've been told (in a Northern California store) that what little doesn't sell is ultimately returned to the manufacturer. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Where does unsold Target clearance stuff go?

(...) As someone who's come across things months after the end of clearance, I can be pretty certain that they don't go anywhere. In fact, I have almost never seen any LEGO survive the second day of 75% off, and I've been to a *lot* of Targets. So (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Where does unsold Target clearance stuff go?

I've been wondering where Target sends their 'misfit toys' -- the clearance items that don't sell. I assume most of it gets bought by us and/or by 'professional' eBay sellers, but maybe that's not the case... I thought Tuesday Morning might be a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:GqMLpM.G87@lugnet.com... (...) say I (...) Target (...) line up (...) swing by (...) It certainly is possible that other people don't know about TM. I was pretty clueless myself the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

(...) Say it ain't so, Joe! Our TM only opened a few months ago, so you could say I was shoeless-- I mean clueless. Anyway I'm all shopped out from the Target clearance (during which I largely struck out), so it'd be a scandal to line up with a mob (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

"sun yun" <solasphere@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GqM0B8.CsD@lugnet.com... (...) [ .... snipped ... ] (...) not (...) They tend to stock similar stuff but you may find one thing at one store and not at another. If you have never shopped TM (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

(...) Hey thanks for the info Dirk! I just realized there's a Tuesday Morning not too far from where I live. I'll have to check it out. Do all the stores stock the same merchandise? If anybody sees some throwbots at 50% in particular (8500 torch, (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

(...) I just received this email notice: ---...--- WE COULDN'T WAIT - To Show Off Our Newest Arrivals! Shop Tuesday, January 29 thru Saturday, February 2 We've been busy restocking since we closed in December. Truckloads of new items are on our (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Sculpture Kits At Legoland

I was at Legoland (California) today and they still have Statue of Liberty and Dragon sculpture kits on sale at the park. People still wanting the kits should come out for BricksWest and buy some. John Cooper (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

(...) What I've seen in the past is they 'reserve' some of the items in their ad's for a later date. If this is to help out traffic flow, to encourage repeat trips or some other reason I don't know. It cannot hurt to check on the 29th :^) When I (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact