 Marketplace / Shopping / 8943
Re: Where does unsold Target clearance stuff go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:44:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Dirk Hoff writes:
I've been wondering where Target sends their 'misfit toys' -- the clearance
items that don't sell. I assume most of it gets bought by us and/or by
'professional' eBay sellers, but maybe that's not the case...

I thought Tuesday Morning might be a good candidate, but I've never seen any
evidence of a previous life at Target on any items there. Same with
BIGLots!, Ross, and the other double-discount chains. I tried asking
management once, but they were clueless. Anyone have any ideas? Any Target
employees out there?

   As someone who's come across things months after the end of clearance,
   I can be pretty certain that they don't go anywhere.  In fact, I have
   almost never seen any LEGO survive the second day of 75% off, and I've
   been to a *lot* of Targets.

   So my vote, and this with having encountered "lost" clearance items
   six months after the fact (in one case, two years), is that there's no
   consignment.  Not at 75%-off, there isn't.

   best

   LFB