 Marketplace / Shopping / *8734 (-10)
  Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!

(...) I visited the Targets in Mountain View, San Mateo, and Redwood City (California) today, and found 50% off. All the cheap stuff was in a separate section, mixed in with other toys. NOTE: They don't necessarily put all LEGO together. I found (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  KB Outlets Sale

Swung by a KB outlet store today in Ontario Mills, CA. On any SW lego set marked 4.99, get 3 for $10. This includes Droid Fighter - musta been 200 of these. Landspeeder Duel Naboo Swamp (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart Clearance?

(...) Oh . . . the humanity! That is very disturbing information. I have never heard of this before. I wonder if other chains do this. It just reaffirms that I should hit up more Walmarts to save the Lego sets from this dire fate as I did today. I (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!

(...) 50% has finally hit my targets in california. I did notice something interesting though. I went a few days earlier and there were just a hand full of sets marked at 30%. I went today and the shelves were stocked with 5 times more merchandise (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart Clearance?

(...) I heard about this once a few years back. The person who described it to me said something to the effect... "we make it not resaleable, then dump some red paint on the pile of stuff in the dunpster". I was always a bit skeptical, but in (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart Clearance?

I quizzed a WalMart manager concerning the procedures for discounting products. WalMart management, specifically the toy dept. manager, has complete discretion as to when and amounts of the discounts that will be applied to the toys. Usually the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!

(...) Revisited my local Target on a hunch...an entire new isle of clearance with... the 3 shuttles I was eyeing. ...(chanting)...I got 3 shuttles...I got 3 shuttles... ...dancing now... Man, can I move... :p (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bulk discount

(...) "North America"... but ya. It even says that. (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bulk discount

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Gpqn8G.DLD@lugnet.com... (...) but only if they are in the USA :-( loz (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  50% at Target in Mountain View, CA [was: 50% at Target in Richmond, VA]

(...) I saw much the same today in Mountain View, CA, except for some slight differences in which sets were marked down. 50% off, no trains. --Bill. (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact