 Marketplace / Shopping / *3219 (-20)
  Re: Question about DYA and CC

(...) Na, we were pretty blase about it, just called it in to the card issuer and worked the process after calling one of the 800 numbers listed on the bill line items to see what it was. They sent us an affidavit to execute and changed the card (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  List of Collector Classics on sale at S@H

I haven't seen this posted yet, so here is the list of Collector Classics on sale at S@H until July 1st or until stock is gone. Note the SP code at the end of the set number to get the price. In order of the flyer 2126SP train cars $69.50 now $55.00 (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Question about DYA and CC

(...) I guess it doesn't happen to everyone. I used my VISA all over the place last summer on a trip to Germany, France, Luxemborg, and Monaco -- if the CC company had tried to call me at home to confirm, they would've been talking to my answering (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Question about DYA and CC

(...) I guess it doesn't happen to everyone. I used my VISA all over the place last summer on a trip to Germany, France, Luxemborg, and Monaco -- if the CC company had tried to call me at home to confirm, they would've been talking to my answering (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  KB Toys just got back on my watch list.

Well I might be a little slow in this but KB is back on my stores to check list. At least in the Massachusetts area KB has not sold LEGO for a while until recently and even then they usually mark up about 5%-10% on the new sets so to me it was not (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us)

  Personal FOTW- 6599 for $3.75

Found and bought 20 6599 Shark Attack sets at the Super KMart in Oakland. The original price on these was marked at 10.99, so at $3.75 it was a good deal. Chris (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Pirate Ship Parts Needed

Hello all, I am looking for a few pieces that have left my collection, in an untimely manner! I am looking for pieces from the pirate collection, specifically the Black Seas Baraccuda, and the Carribean Clipper... I have not tried Shop @ Home yet, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US Customs Duties on Lego Shipments from Europe?

(...) That's interesting, because many European countries charge duties on them when I ship them away to people--even quantities as small as DM100 (which should tell you which country it is, ja?). Hmmm...maybe it's time to call Commerce... best (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: US Customs Duties on Lego Shipments from Europe?

(...) Here is the message: (URL) that this status only applies to construction toys imported from countries which we have "Normal Trade Relations" (NTR) with (used to be called "Most Favored Nation"). I don't think there are any European countries (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Question about DYA and CC

(...) Did you raise a big stink when they passed those charges, and get them dropped? Maybe they have you flagged as a "handle-with-care" customer, so any unusual charges get you a call. eric (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Question about DYA and CC

First time I ordered from DYA I did get a call. The CC company had not seen a foreign transaction on my card before so they were concerned. Since that first call, no problems. -Nick Thomas D Fulk Jr wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Question about DYA and CC

(...) It's probably not because you ordered online, it's because the charges are coming from a different country than the one you're supposedly in. (This is probably why the porn charges passed by on Larry's card.) When I had to use my dad's card in (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  6982 (Explorian starship) from DYA/SPECIAL OFFER

Hi Legofans, Today, I propose you a special offer out of DYA's website. It's a group of 6 sets 6982. These sets have little damages on the boxes. If 1 legofan buys me the 6 sets 6982, I freely offer you another damaged set 6982 ! All the damaged (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Question about DYA and CC

(...) Glad you liked it. It annoys the dickens out of me. I get called every time I buy something from DYA or Busy Bee although I have told that particular card company (every time they call) to stop bothering me. They claim to put a note in my (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US Customs Duties on Lego Shipments from Europe?

Lego is a duty free item in whatever quantity. If they try to collect customs or duties, fight it. You'll do better if you dig up the reference, posted here on LUGNET at some time in the past, to the US customs web site which clearly shows that Lego (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Question about DYA and CC

I placed an order at DYA yesterday (Not my first) and today I got a call from my CC company to confirm it was a legit transaction. Has anyone else had that happen? It's actually nice that they did check, it makes me feel safer using that card (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: UDF-only Legos?!?

(...) Hey, Joel! What did they want for these. I just saw them in my local UDF in Dayton, but there marked a ridiculous $5.99. Another UDF nearby has two Star Wars sets (Lightsaber Duel and Droid Fighter) at $5.99, which is the MSRP for those two (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  6544 (Shuttle transcon 2) from DYA

Hi Legofans, I deleted reference number 6544 from DYA's website. Now, I have only 8 sets in stock. If somebody is interested yet, I'll place it tomorrow again ! See you later, Emmanuel. (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US Customs Duties on Lego Shipments from Europe?

I've never been charged anything; the large package of used stuff I got from Germany yesterday was stamped "US Customs Passed Free" or something to that effect. I think I actually looked around the Customs Bureau website awhile back to see if I (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  5988 (Pharao's forbidden ruins) from DYA

Hi Legofans, I propose another new lego reference at this web address: (URL) 5988 NAME: Pharao's forbidden ruins THEME: Adventurers/Egypt YEAR: 1998 ---...--- It's a cheap and serious offer. Don't miss it ! See you later, Emmanuel. (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact