 Marketplace / Shopping / 3206
Re: Question about DYA and CC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 05:34:01 GMT

Thomas D Fulk Jr wrote:

      I placed an order at DYA yesterday (Not my first) and today I
got a call from my CC company to confirm it was a legit transaction.
Has anyone else had that happen?  It's actually nice that they did
check, it makes me feel safer using that card online.

Glad you liked it.

It annoys the dickens out of me. I get called every time I buy something
from DYA or Busy Bee although I have told that particular card company
(every time they call) to stop bothering me. They claim to put a note in
my record but then call me anyway. The first few times, they actually
declined the charges which was rather embarrassing to me.

Fortunately, Paul is very understanding, and Emannuel hasn't had an
actual decline happen. I shudder to think what would have happened if I
had a decline happen to me at The Entertainer, they're big and not as
easy to contact.

I told this outfit last time that since I've done over 10K in charges
from 3 merchants, total, they ought to catch a clue and leave me alone.

This was the same company that passed 400 dollars worth of porn site
charges(1) through to our account without comment (someone had lifted
the number and got very happy in a big hurry, all the charges were
within 2 days of each other). Different card number now. I certainly
don't have much confidence in their competence at detecting fraud. But
if you feel better, that's swell. :-)

1 - like you really need to pay, anyway... there's plenty of free stuff
out there, or so I'm told.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!