 Marketplace / Shopping / *1549 (-5)
  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) This is a good point. I do find the "holier than though" attitude of some posters (and not just in this thread/topic/group) to be a bit much. Scott A (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

G. Benedikt Rochow wrote in message ... (...) <snip>> (...) Humm... I don't recall trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes or trying to take any unfair advantage. Come to think of it, I didn't even create their error. If you think I did please (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Compensation for what? For revealing one's willingness to ruthlessly take advantage of an *obvious* database problem, on a large scale in some cases? (Though, admittedly, if they were such a large and automated shipping business that no one (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Before I'm pounced upon, that statement isn't meant to be an all-encompassing answer for the worlds ails - I'm not quite glib enough to say that, but rather that it's a general rule that can apply to somethings and not others. I don't have a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Do you mean me or Richard Dewsbery? I did a search for "Dewsbery" and it came up with 19 hits, none of which seemed that outspoken. But reading his message did remind me of some of my own posts a while ago in market.theory, so it would be easy (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact