 Marketplace / Shipping / *247 (-20)
  Re: What do you do when you never receive your package?

Rob, Lar: I don't disagree with any of what you fellows have been stating. If you want to sell stuff and refuse responsibility for items damaged in the mail and state this up front to the buyer, no problem. If you want to include a proof of mailing (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: What do you do when you never receive your package?

(...) Here, here! Same thing goes for when people ship UPS without any warning. John (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: What do you do when you never receive your package?

(...) I'm with Rob on this which is why I disclaim liability as a seller and require delivery conf, it's not an option for my sales. Further, if the buyer buys insurance, my liability is extended only to the point where I am now requiring myself to (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: What do you do when you never receive your package?

(...) I disagree as long as I can show (mostly through e-mail dialogue) that there was an agreement that burden of liability is on the buyer AND I can show proof of shipment (USPS, UPS receipt). If liability for lost/damage is clearly communicated (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: What do you do when you never receive your package?

(...) That does bring up one of my pet peeves. So many people send things requiring a signature on delivery without letting me know (I don't know if Delivery Confirmation falls into this category or not). Anyhow, they would tell me that a signature (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: What do you do when you never receive your package?

(...) Until I read this, I have always given the buyer the option to insure or not insure domestic parcels, international I always require insurance. I'm beginning to wonder if I should require insurance on all parcels. Ray Sanders lugnetter #124 (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: What do you do when you never receive your package?

(...) >> big snip> (...) I don't have a problem with a seller not wanting to Insure an Item, but the seller is still responsible to deliver the item. Giving the buyer the option does not get the seller out of it. I just add it to the shipping (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: What do you do when you never receive your package?

"john hadd" <limitup@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:G23A16.65K@lugnet.com... (...) eBay (...) with (...) if I (...) one and (...) do (...) been (...) register (...) You (...) that (...) insure (...) demand (...) the (...) way, I (...) Regards (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.shipping)

  KB Toys now using Airborne @Home

KB Toys is now using a new service Airborne is offering for shipping to residential customers. The item is transported by Airborne from the buisiness to the customer's Post Office, which then accomplishes the final delivery to the customer. I'll (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Help needed with a pickup in Stratford, NJ!!

Is there anyone who lives near Stratford, NJ, in the southern part of the state ?? I'm in California, and I have 3 large lego bricks waiting for me at a seller's apartment, but Fed Ex ground won't pick up because I don't have an account. And even if (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: need your advice......

(...) etc., (...) well... the question only... does the seller will agree with such an option? The auction's ended... and as long as i didn't question his reliability BEFORE bidding isn't it a bit late to start to do it now? What would be a best (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: need your advice......

An escrow transaction is one where a third party holds the money until the goods are accepted by the purchaser. In other words, you send the payment to an escrow company (there are a few online, of course) and when the escrw company has the $$ (and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: need your advice......

(...) Hi Paul! It was a 375/6075 castle in a nearly mint condition and as it said 'The set is complete with instructions, box trays, and all 779 original pieces including 14 knights. Stickers are all in place showing only slight play wear and the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: need your advice......

If it is a large amount of $$, consider paying for an escrow transaction. Out of curiosity, what parts did you get?? Paul Sinasohn BAYLUG (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: need your advice......

(...) Thank you, Dave! We're both in US and he wants me to send the payment via money order and of course there is no pay pal or bid pay things, he gave his home address. Thank you for your help especially that I'm new on an auction field. Marina (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: need your advice......

(...) Is the seller in the US? Are you? One way to reduce liability, of course, is to use a postal money order instead of a check for ease of tracking, and you might also send your payment via certified mail. Postal insurance is always a great idea, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: From England to USA?

(...) Hi All, Thanks for all the advice, the sets arrived today! It *was* surface mail after all. One 8880 and one 8865, both appear to be in MINT condition with instructions. If all the parts are there, this will be quite a nice purchase (US$100 + (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: From England to USA?

(...) They jest, surely. Surface mail from the UK to Canada consistently takes about 6 weeks (all my relatives are there so I get a fair number of packages). Kevin ---...--- Personal Lego Web page: (URL) Air Market: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: From England to USA?

(...) from (...) Surface mail with ParcelForce Economy should be 28-30 days. ((URL) with RoyalMail should be 4-8 days. ((URL) sites also have price calculators. Chris (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: From England to USA?

(...) Offhand, I really don't know how much exactly, only that it's rather significant. For shipping two separate 200-400 piece sets with no boxes from the UK, I seem to remember it being roughly $20 for each via airmail, vs. something like $10? for (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact