 Marketplace / Shipping / 228
Re: From England to USA?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 04:33:57 GMT

In lugnet.market.shipping, Adam Hoekwater writes:
However, airmail costs a good deal more than surface mail.

How much more? I paid $30 to ship two Technic Super Cars with no boxes. Would
you guess that to be airmail or surface mail?

Offhand, I really don't know how much exactly, only that it's rather
significant. For shipping two separate 200-400 piece sets with no boxes from
the UK, I seem to remember it being roughly $20 for each via airmail, vs.
something like $10? for surface mail? I really don't remember honestly-- just
that it was a good chunk of money in comparison to the sets I was getting...

Never mind. If USPS.com is any indication, $30 is just enough to send a
package that big to the UK via SURFACE mail. So I guess I've got some more
waiting to do.

Huh... that's certainly more than I paid for shipping from the UK for airmail,
but then again, your package is a lot larger than either of mine were... Guess
the only real answer is to email the guy who sent them to you and ask about the
shipping method-- otherwise, it sounds like it's surface mail :(

Wait Well,
DaveE