 Marketplace / Shipping / 232
Re: need your advice......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 18:37:40 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Marina Artamonova writes:
Hi all!
What would you guys do if you won something from someone on ebay with NO
feedback at all? Well I know that your first answer could be 'I won't bid on
that at all' but if you wanted that so badly you have to take a risk, I
know... but what actually I can do to secure myself somehow?

  Is the seller in the US?  Are you?  One way to reduce liability, of course,
is to use a postal money order instead of a check for ease of tracking, and
you might also send your payment via certified mail.  Postal insurance is
always a great idea, since it's relatively inexpensive and protects you from
loss.  It would also be prudent to save any Email correspondence from the
individual in event of any trouble down the line.
  You might also inquire here to see if anyone has dealt with the individual,
if not through Ebay than perhaps directly or through another auction site.
  All of this you probably already know, naturally, but they're good habits to
develop in any case when dealing through Ebay.

   Dave!