 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1203
Re: International Box Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 23:51:41 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message <38E8C3CC.1452@mindspring.com>...

No one else ended up trading with the box last night. I was planning on
taking out two items, and putting several polybag sets in. This doesn't
seem like enough turnover to be worth sending it back overseas yet.

Hence my initial suggestion of a few stops between countries.

We could also either change the order of US recipients, or send it on to
Larry and live with the extra delay. What I've traded so far leaves
plenty for Larry to take (I've only taken two items).

I have no objections either way. In fact, I would prefer to delay the next
Euro trip until such time as the box has a good non-Euro flavour.
Unfortunately I cannot do the same this side of the pond with such little
interest over here.

I also might arrange a lunch meeting with Mike Walsh who could almost
certainly trade with the box (and between us we can definitely get a
complete set of McDonalds sets in there).

FYI my original announcement of this box prompted a trade between myself and
Mike Walsh, so he already has a number of the sets he was looking for, and I
have sufficient McPromo's (read more than a full set, less than 2 sets).
Still looking for Kabaya type sets though ;)

What are people's feelings?

If you can contact Doug ? or Paul Sinasohn, it could jump to them. Otherwise
I would wait for Larry as neither Jan-Albert nor Tom Stangl are likely to
find the current contents overly interesting.

(Duckie) Dave Till

P.s. Sorry if I sounded a bit terse to start off, it was not intentional - I
just want to keep this box interesting for all recipients, unlike the UK
J-box 2 which I received this morning ;(