 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1177
1176  |  1178
Subject:
International Box Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 20:15:02 GMT

This box is finally under way, and en route to Frank Filz.
Once suitably packed to accept any amount of abuse by the postal services
the box weighed in at almost 750g, thus previous suggestions of a weigh
limit should be disregarded - though the suggestion to omit heavy paper
items is still in force.

I sent the box first class (uninsured) airmail for 6.38GBP, and was quoted
6-10 days for delivery, so do not expect this to be one of the faster moving
J-boxes. Also insurance, whilst good for peace of mind may not apply in
cases where the box is transfered from one mail carrier to another, i.e. if
sent UPS door to door, international insurance may work, but where Royal
mail (UK) pass the box to USPS (US), any insurance I have with the Royal
mail might no longer apply. If you wish to send the package insured, please
check with your mail carrier as to any exclusions.

Current contents are a selection of 8x 1998 Shell mini sets, a recent UK McD
polybag (previously released in Germany, and possibly US some years ago), a
boxed Knights kingdom miniset (most likely available as a polybag
elsewhere), a paradisia promo, and a 1st series space port miniset. - These
details are deliberately generalised in order to leave some element of
surprise for the recipients.

(Duckie) Dave Till