 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1198
Re: International Box Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 21:05:05 GMT

Jan-Albert van Ree wrote in message <38E67A5C.6BBE95C1@3dgamers.com>...
Larry Pieniazek schreef:

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Frank Filz writes:

Ok, sounds fair. I'll let the locals trade with it, then send it to
Jan-Albert van Ree, and then he probably should send it to Larry.

Sounds like a plan. Is just JA enough euro exposure? I'm OK either way

If you guys manage to put in enough cool McD and other promo's, I'll fill
it to the top with Europe sets... just checked postage: I personally
wouldn't mind going over 1 kg and everything between 1 and 5 kg is the same
rate for posting :-)

I think so long as we keep this box moving back and forth, it will be pretty
good. There are 12 sets in there (plus some other goodies equal to a small
set in value), so if only a couple sets are traded out at each stage, the
box can go a few stages in the same country before becoming not worth
getting within that country. If the turnover is higher, then one stage in a
country can make it well worth going to the next country. I have a lot of
confidence that this box will do very well so long as it is well managed.
One aspect that I like is that even if one finds absolutely nothing of
interest, one can (but not necessarily should) make a trade with future
trading possibilities in mind if one feels that one would be gypped
otherwise (i.e., someone in Europe who had no interest in the McDonalds sets
could make a trade for one or two, and then turn them around at some later
time). I think that what this box has going for it is that no one is
spending more than $4 per set which goes into the box, yet the sets have at
least an intangible worth beyond that to people in countries where those
sets aren't sold, thus you get your postage money's worth because to you the
value of what you take out is greater than the cost of what you put in.

Frank