 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9996
Re: Brick Bay overnight?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:46:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Felix Greco writes:

Just out of curiosity, what did you want to hear?

I was hoping Brick Bay had a standardized means of rushing orders.
Considering the nature of the way its set up (multiple independent vendors)
I knew chances were slim, but thought I'd ask anyway.  I usually go through
Jon Kozan at Baylit -who sends them out pretty quick- but he didn't have the
pieces I was looking for this time.

I can see where you're coming from.  Brickbay itself isn't connected at all
with the individual sellers that sell through it, so Brickbay wouldn't have
a way to do that, but it is entirely possible that individual sellers might
either already have a "I'll rush it if its worth it to you to pay for it"
policy or might be willing to work with you if the price is right.

Baylit is great when you need certain pieces and you need them quick - no
doubt about that.  You pay a premium for them but just as you might be
willing to pay a premium for overnight shipping, sometimes the premium is
worth it.

If you're willing to wait you'll probably find pretty good deals at
Brickbay, no matter who you're buying from, but you will have to take into
account you'll have a _wide_ range of sellers there - some leaning more
towards the "gotta make the sale" side and others leaning more towards the
"here's my stuff and my prices/practices - if it works for you let's deal,
if not, no biggie" side.

But like I said, even though I place myself in the "convenience over profit"
group, just about anyone is willing to work with you if the price is right.
The flip side to that is if the price is not right (say a $12 order) some
will be less willing to deviate from their normal practices than others -
which is understandable imo.

Brickbay's wanted list feature is great, btw.  If you aren't using it you
should give it a shot - save yourself some searching around and just let the
system inform you when pieces you want become available.  I'd wager a good
quarter of my sales or more result from it.