 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8992
Re: Contacting people who have said they want to buy.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:39:38 GMT

Hello James
I do not understand what you are saying at all, why one at the time?? why 2/3
rds under Ebay price? you mean if a set brings $600,00 on ebay, i should sell
it for $400 here? ridiculous!! i am not the savation army and nobody will do it
for me either. Seller should at least take off the amount he would pay Ebay for
selling it there, that i will agree to.
What is a rare set? do you have a list of these, i don't think it exists.
If i have something for sale, and i see somebody is looking for it, it is
correct to write these peaple, all at one time, the one that answers first that
he would like to have it, i reserve it for until transaction is finished, the
one thing that isn't important, is the price asked for the set, if it is too
expensive, nobody will buy it, so problem taken care of, but it is still the
right of seller to know what he expects for an item, what is wrong, is
when a seller does an auction this way, writes everybody asking them to make an
offer and taking the best one if it overbids what he expects for the set, this
belongs on Ebay and not in personnel emails and not on Lugnet either
(personnel opinion).
I usually offer a set here with a set price, imform persons looking for the set
that i am offering it, if nobody answers on it, it lands on Ebay, where it
usually brings more then i offered it for.
Later
Paul
Lugnet 567

A Personal E-Mail would be fine, but you have to address it to one person at a
time. Also, if someone on Lugnet contacted me saying "I have set XYZ"
available, I would expect it to be at a resonable price point.  Probably • around
2/3rds top Ebay price, unless a rare set.

James