 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9012
Re: Contacting people who have said they want to buy.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 18:07:26 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tom Stangl writes:
Boy, this must be an OLD post, because 4558s are going for $200 or less often >on Ebay.

I got my last one, with a 4547 and 4539, for less than $200 on Ebay.

With grey train doors and windows being available now from S@H for what 60
cents each, I doubt Metroliners and Club Cars will bring anywhere near their
former prices, at least not to an informed buying public.

Most people who bought multiples of those sets were really paying for the
doors and windows, and you can get a lot of those for even $20-$30 now.

Right - I already have a nice pile of doors/windows from S@H.

HOWEVER, they don't have the RWB stripe like the 4558/4547 doors, so those doors will still
command a premium for anyone wanting to extend a 4558.

But at least I got to pull the grey windows off of my Wants page
(http://www.vfaq.com/LEGO/wants/).  Woohoo!