 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9003
Re: Contacting people who have said they want to buy.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:12:55 GMT

James Powell wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Rutenberg writes:
Hello James
I do not understand what you are saying at all, why one at the time?? why 2/3
rds under Ebay price? you mean if a set brings $600,00 on ebay, i should sell
it for $400 here? ridiculous!! i am not the savation army and nobody will do • it
for me either.

Lets take a look at the set that you are talking about, which would be a 4558
(or 675)...I have both, so am not really interested in more unless they were at
original price...

I feel that if you are going to offer something to someone who is a member of
Lugnet, you should, as a community thing, discount the set price somewhat.
When I used 2/3rds, I am thinking along the lines that the _average_ price on
Ebay, rather than the highest price ever paid, is more along the lines of what
I would start out with. So, for a 4558, I would think that 400-450 is a
reasonable selling price here, even if the set might bring you more $$$
elsewere.

Boy, this must be an OLD post, because 4558s are going for $200 or less often on
Ebay.

I got my last one, with a 4547 and 4539, for less than $200 on Ebay.