 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8981
  Contacting people who have said they want to buy.

I have got some sets that are listed as wanted by some people on the item description of the set in Lugnet. Is it OK to e-mail those people or would that be considered as Spam and not be welcomed? Alison (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Contacting people who have said they want to buy.

(...) A Personal E-Mail would be fine, but you have to address it to one person at a time. Also, if someone on Lugnet contacted me saying "I have set XYZ" available, I would expect it to be at a resonable price point. Probably around 2/3rds top Ebay (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Contacting people who have said they want to buy.

Hello James I do not understand what you are saying at all, why one at the time?? why 2/3 rds under Ebay price? you mean if a set brings $600,00 on ebay, i should sell it for $400 here? ridiculous!! i am not the savation army and nobody will do it (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Contacting people who have said they want to buy.

(...) it (...) Lets take a look at the set that you are talking about, which would be a 4558 (or 675)...I have both, so am not really interested in more unless they were at original price... I feel that if you are going to offer something to someone (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Contacting people who have said they want to buy.

(...) Boy, this must be an OLD post, because 4558s are going for $200 or less often on Ebay. I got my last one, with a 4547 and 4539, for less than $200 on Ebay. -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Contacting people who have said they want to buy.

(...) With grey train doors and windows being available now from S@H for what 60 cents each, I doubt Metroliners and Club Cars will bring anywhere near their former prices, at least not to an informed buying public. Most people who bought multiples (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Contacting people who have said they want to buy.

(...) This might be a good item to add to the list of possible new features for lugnet. Each set could have a link near the list of people who'd like to buy the set that would mail the sublist of those people who have stated (either set by set, or (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Contacting people who have said they want to buy.

(...) Right - I already have a nice pile of doors/windows from S@H. HOWEVER, they don't have the RWB stripe like the 4558/4547 doors, so those doors will still command a premium for anyone wanting to extend a 4558. But at least I got to pull the (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)