 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7302
  Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

Hello everyone! Just being presented with an amazing opportunity in my life has left me with the hard decision to stop making my custom model kits available. I have the following kits still available (some still require a little more work to (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

(...) Sorry to hear it, Dan. :-( It's always been a joy to follow your work. Good luck with future endeavors! (...) Have you given any thought to allowing someone else to pick up the building/ selling of your model kits? --Todd (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

(...) That is unfortunate, Dan. You have an incredible talent for building and your kits are one of the best I've ever seen produced by a collector - they rival the Ultimate Collector Series in quality and detail. (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

(...) Knowing what I now know about how rare some of the parts are in my kits, I wouldn't wish that task on anyone. I doubt TLG would be interested in licensing my designs (especially when they could just steal them outright... if they could them (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

Dan, Your talents and craftsmanship will be missed. The service you provided far exceeded any other custom models-for-sale attempts that I have seen. The pride you took in nice packaging and writing the letters of authenticity were extra touches (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

(...) That reminds me... Brad J. mentioned a few months ago that one thing LD is potentially considering as a website function for LSAH is allowing people to design and upload MOC's and let other people buy copies of them. Thus, indirectly, it may (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Todd Lehman writes: <Dan Siskind is exiting the custom kit biz, but may make a CD of instructions available at some point> (...) Can you, or Brad, elaborate on this? It begs a lot of questions: - Any restrictions on (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

(...) I will include instructions for the Windmill (it's just waiting for a few parts to be done), but I'm not sure about the Chruch as that one could be a CD-Rom in it's own right! Dan (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

(...) I'd say some of Siskind's kits exceeded the Ult sets, especially considering the limitations he has to work with in being a private collector. I was never interested to buy Siskind's stuff, but to look was always fun. I'd certainly like to see (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

(...) I am SO curious what that "amazing opportunity" is! Dan? Are you going to work for TLG product development? That would be ~very~ cool. (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

Well, I guess this means you don't need all these parts I ahve sitting over here for you! :( Troy -- -- Please note my new e-mail addresses: Personal: mnementh@dsl.telocity.com Lego Sales Related: legosales@dsl.telocity.com -- "Daniel Siskind" (...) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

(...) See my want list, maybe I want them. (URL) if I don't, make me an offer... :-) ++Lar (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

(...) Haha! Anyone who KNOWS me will know that Lego don't want me. In fact I refrained from wearing my "model citizen" staff name tag at Legoland in fear that my presence would prevent the GMLTC from ever being invited back! Trust me, what I'm going (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

(...) No, I still definitely want them if you haven't already put them up for public sale. I may be quitting my current kit production committments, but I still have a few tricks left up my sleeve! Dan (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits

(...) Unfortunate - They look like awesome sets. The web-site said Sold-Out on all of them by the time I got there. If it's still possible to get a blacksmith shop or tavern, (even if missing some pieces or the colors are different) please contact (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)