 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6530
Re: Wish List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 00:01:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, James Cunningham writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Dave Johann writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, James Cunningham writes:

I will pay what lugnet gives as
the MSRP, plus a little extra for the gesture and S&H.

You may need to go a *little* higher than that. For instance:

6399 Airport Shuttle

the Lugnet set database lists this as 139.99 MSRP. I have paid the following
(working from memory, prices are approximate) for some of my copies: (all
prices in USD, and do not include shipping) (I know I left one or two copies
out)

MIB, box in excellent shape, all seals intact, from an unnamed source: 500
Used with box, very good condition, slightly wrinkled instructions: 375
Used with box, only a very few parts missing, with torn instructions: 350
Used, no box, somewhat rougher, damaged stickers, badly torn instructions: • 300
box of parts that I suspect has most of an airport shuttle in it: 200 (also
included some other stuff)

The prices on 6399 have went down a bit since I got my copies.

So, if you think you're going to get an airport shuttle for 139 plus • a "little
extra", you're dreaming. Unless a "little extra" is 150 or so.

Ditto for a lot of the rest of your list.

++Lar

When I say the list and started closely looking at the set numbers, I was
annoyed, then disgusted. MSRP is WAY too low for the bulk of the sets listed. • If
the sets weren't, on average, 10 years old, then the prices asked might be
reasonable, but to consider any 15 year old set worth MSRP+10%+shipping is
insulting to the seller. If I have to pay through the nose for my space sets
because they are 12 years old, I see no valid reason for same-aged town sets • to
garner a similar price.

-Dave

Well, Sir, I appologize that you find my request as an insult. But, I am very
open to negotiation over how much the set would sell for as I do recognize the
fact that some are very old sets. I wold hope you do not think I am that
foolish to think I would not be willing to make the sellers offer worth his
while.

Very Respectfully,

James C.

Ok, ok....so I came off a wee bit harder than I meant to. I meant to come across
as pointing out that MSRP (or below) on the recent sets is fine, but when you
are talking about sets older than 5 years, 200-500% of MSRP may factor into the
picture depending on a)size of the set, b) how sought after it is, c) age of the
set, d) seller's greed/willingness to give it up, e) how badly you REALLY want
it.

When I saw your list, I realized that all but a few were older, tougher to find
sets that I personally couldn't help you with due to their age. I apologize for
the harsh wording of my post, but I was annoyed by how easy the post made it
seem to find those sets. That's all.

-Dave