 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6508
Re: Wish List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 06:55:03 GMT

Well, I'm not sure about your theory, but I've seen a lot of Americans who'd
rather trade than sell.  As for asking a little more than MSRP, some of the
sets listed are difficult to obtain, but for the number of pieces in them,
getting them at slightly higher than MSRP prices is fair, especially
considering that a lot of the pieces were in use until a few years ago.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Dave Johann <hardcoredj@techie.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, James Cunningham writes:

I will pay what lugnet gives as
the MSRP, plus a little extra for the gesture and S&H.

You may need to go a *little* higher than that. For instance:

6399 Airport Shuttle

the Lugnet set database lists this as 139.99 MSRP. I have paid the • following
(working from memory, prices are approximate) for some of my copies: (all
prices in USD, and do not include shipping) (I know I left one or two • copies
out)

MIB, box in excellent shape, all seals intact, from an unnamed source: • 500
Used with box, very good condition, slightly wrinkled instructions: 375
Used with box, only a very few parts missing, with torn instructions: 350
Used, no box, somewhat rougher, damaged stickers, badly torn • instructions: 300
box of parts that I suspect has most of an airport shuttle in it: 200 • (also
included some other stuff)

The prices on 6399 have went down a bit since I got my copies.

So, if you think you're going to get an airport shuttle for 139 plus a • "little
extra", you're dreaming. Unless a "little extra" is 150 or so.

Ditto for a lot of the rest of your list.

++Lar

When I say the list and started closely looking at the set numbers, I was
annoyed, then disgusted. MSRP is WAY too low for the bulk of the sets • listed. If
the sets weren't, on average, 10 years old, then the prices asked might be
reasonable, but to consider any 15 year old set worth MSRP+10%+shipping is
insulting to the seller. If I have to pay through the nose for my space • sets
because they are 12 years old, I see no valid reason for same-aged town • sets to
garner a similar price.

-Dave