 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6232
Re: Show cat available for trade...no, really
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 14:51:04 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

I'm glad I actually looked rather than just continue to presume they were
simply a stock variation of Persian - rather nice, in fact.  I'm just not a
Persian fan, even if you disguise it as a Himalayan.

You are right about that. Actually Turkish Angora is a local breed which
completely natural from the beginning (it had a long history) whereas,
Persians are the products of selective breeding (Turkish Angora and
Afghan Long Hair, AFAIK).

I had one till we lost her last year (she passed away, she was 16 years
old), I still miss her much. Although they are long hairs, their hair is
not like Persians (I have a persian now) and only needs occasional
brushing, although our new persian needs it everyday..:-(

They are also one of the most friendly and intelligent breeds. Not
quoted from any reference, but it's my own experience. I have been with
cats for almost 18 years, and I had/have personal relations with at
least 30 of them...:-)

By the way, we also have another interesting breed, The Turkish Van,
which have a unique (very unique) characteristic: They love
swimming..:-) They are also a local breed, from the Lake Van area, and
are also natural.

Selçuk