 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6036
Re: More spam (Was: VERY CHEAP SPACE SETS!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 12:19:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind LEGO advertising spam half as much as some of the ads
I get here.  From fastcash scammers (Make money fast always seems to be in
these somewhere, or in similar wording.) to people claiming to know what I
want, (yeah, right) I've seen them all!  Amazingly, I don't seem to get that
many, I always ignore any request to unsubscribe by sending an email to
blah@wherever.net (please don't click on that) and don't receive any
follow-up emails, except from a few rather determined ones that seem to try
to spam my inbox monthly with some pathetic ad campaign.

I got one the other day from a seller telling me a cd which had 100000 e-mail
addresses on it. I assume I was one of them.

Scott A

Of course, there is the possibility that they may pick up on the fact that
some people are LEGOfans, and might try spamming us with that kind of
email - anyone finding that kind of trash is encouraged to report it not
only to the spammer's ISP, but also to here, maybe Todd can create a
newsgroup specifically for that purpose if he finds he needs to!  <g>

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

--
www.fastinternet.net.au/~ghyde
--

DBR <assman@finalfrontier.com> wrote in message

Sproaticus wrote in message ...
I just can't believe it.  Just after this recent debacle, someone else • drops
this into my in-box, AS WELL AS posting it on LUGNET.  Again, from a • LUGNET
regular.

I will refrain from spewing insulting judgements towards this guy's • morals
and
intelligence, but this is quickly getting tiresome.  This is not • acceptable; I
will just have get more agressive.

Todd, what policies are you considering?

Cheers,
- jsproat

Personally, I wouldn't mind being spammed with cheap Lego ads *cough,
cough*. Much better than "make money over night" or "send this email to 10
people and win $1000" and "Reverse the aging process with so-and-so's
whatshamawhozit"...

Always lookin' for a bargain...

Opinionatedly,
                DBR