 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6035
Re: More spam (Was: VERY CHEAP SPACE SETS!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 11:24:28 GMT

Yeah, I wouldn't mind LEGO advertising spam half as much as some of the ads
I get here.  From fastcash scammers (Make money fast always seems to be in
these somewhere, or in similar wording.) to people claiming to know what I
want, (yeah, right) I've seen them all!  Amazingly, I don't seem to get that
many, I always ignore any request to unsubscribe by sending an email to
blah@wherever.net (please don't click on that) and don't receive any
follow-up emails, except from a few rather determined ones that seem to try
to spam my inbox monthly with some pathetic ad campaign.

Of course, there is the possibility that they may pick up on the fact that
some people are LEGOfans, and might try spamming us with that kind of
email - anyone finding that kind of trash is encouraged to report it not
only to the spammer's ISP, but also to here, maybe Todd can create a
newsgroup specifically for that purpose if he finds he needs to!  <g>

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

--
www.fastinternet.net.au/~ghyde
--

DBR <assman@finalfrontier.com> wrote in message

Sproaticus wrote in message ...
I just can't believe it.  Just after this recent debacle, someone else • drops
this into my in-box, AS WELL AS posting it on LUGNET.  Again, from a • LUGNET
regular.

I will refrain from spewing insulting judgements towards this guy's • morals
and
intelligence, but this is quickly getting tiresome.  This is not • acceptable; I
will just have get more agressive.

Todd, what policies are you considering?

Cheers,
- jsproat

Personally, I wouldn't mind being spammed with cheap Lego ads *cough,
cough*. Much better than "make money over night" or "send this email to 10
people and win $1000" and "Reverse the aging process with so-and-so's
whatshamawhozit"...

Always lookin' for a bargain...

Opinionatedly,
                DBR