 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 3742
Re: Split wanted from an eBay lot, or, does anyone have those wheels?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:20:16 GMT

Larry Pieniazek (lar@voyager.net) wrote:
: Scott-A wrote:
: >
: > I've had a few of these wheels (with gray, yellow and white hubs), and I'm
: > amazed at the demand for them stateside. Especially, as they have been in
: > quite a few sets. I have sold these and wheels for the 8880, and the older
: > ones consistently are in far more demand{1}. I'm not saying that these
: > wheels are common here, I'm just surprised at the demand for them: I think
: > currently have 12 (2 Gray, 6 Yellow and 4 White), all of which I am holding
: > for Jonathan Jones who uses then to built Case (JCB) type diggers - I think
: > JJ actually works for case.
: >
: > As I have had a number of these, I continually get e-mail asking if I have
: > any more. Are these wheels really rare, or am I just lucky?
: >
: > Scott A
: > {1} See my recent auctions:
: > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=198631151

$61 Holy cow!

I sold 2 or 4 of those in an auction last year, and they went for $.50.
But Tom Stangl got them, so I don't feel badly (I was selling them for
someone else).  For quite a while they tended to go in the $5 - $8
range.

-Bill Katz (All of mine are in sets, sorry Larry...  although
I need to look at the Swan wheel box, you may already
own some)