 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1982
1981  |  1983
Subject:
Various boxes, was Re: Wanted: #570 - Fire House (shrink wrap)?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:00:51 GMT

   Besides my curiosity about which sets came shrink wrapped, I also
wondered about different packaging for different countries.  Sanjay, is the
packaging for New Zealand (I know where its at!) different from packaging in
Europe?  Do the boxes have set names in your native language or no set
names?  I know there are different packaging for 1 US, 2 Europe, 3 Canada, 4
Japan.  What other countries have (or had) unique packaging?

--
   Have fun!
   John "who asks the nuttiest questions" D
Sanjay D'Souza wrote in message ...

John DiRienzo wrote in message ...
  Kevin,
  I asked you this very question regarding the London Bus nearly a year
ago.  I tend to think that 70s and 80s Town sets were packaged both with • and
without shrink-wrap.  I have had a lot that were (they came from Europe) • and
a lot more that weren't.  I don't recall any sets being shrink-wrapped in
the
US, but I have had a lot of Town and Train sets that came from Europe that
were.  Maybe an older fan can help us out here...

None of the Town sets that were purchased for me in the late 70's early • 80's
were shrinked wrapped (1).  Must have only been a requirement for sets sold
in Europe.

Sanjay

(1) Sets sold in New Zealand (Asia/Pacific market).