 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1876
1875  |  1877
Subject:
Droid Kit (was 8250s for 25 shipping included)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 05:02:06 GMT

<snip>
new droid developer kit with the new "Micro Scout -smallest Lego
microcomputer".
Also of interest ( to me anyway) was the handheld remote for the RCX brick.
Does anyone have any experience with these yet ?

Has anyone seen the specs on the Micro Scout ? It doesnt appear to use a PC
and only indicates "7" built in programs. I was wondering how many motors it
will drive,if any,or if it has sensor connections. Neat R2D@ Model !
Thanks !
John

Anyone have any specs on how big R2 is?? height wise??? I'm guessing
about 10 to 12 inches... it looks pretty cool!!! I might have to get me
one or 2 of these! I thought this was supposed to be part of the RCX
brick though... another addon to mindstorms.. not another type of
control unit...

And yes.. that remote looks cool :) might be an easier way to change
programs on the fly... you don't have to stop what you're doing.. go
back to the computer to download the new program..
at least if it works that way.. which hopefully it's got some memory in
it.. and it's not just a juniorized way to control the brick.. Kind of
like play, rewind, fast forward, stop, pause... on a VCR remote..

Tamy
Sleep... need sleep... build... need to build...
wonder which will win??? when I wake up at noon we'll all know!