 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1628
Re: Help! Pieces from Time Train!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 01:52:41 GMT

CA was very nice to me the one time I had to call them.

But contrary to what you wrote earlier, TLG does at times mispack
sets. My second set after exiting my dark ages was Nebula Outpost (the
set everyone loves to hate). The magnet was missing from the perfectly
sealed, good condition box.

At first the CA lady sounded suspicious, but then sent it no charge
and no hassle.

I don't blame her for being suspicious, but there was never a magnet
in *that* box.

I think that CA is one of the real strong points of TLG and what makes
it stand out as a world class company.

ectal wrote in message ...
:In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ectal Greenhas writes:
:>In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Michael Ulring writes:
:>>In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ectal Greenhas writes:
:>>>
:>>>I just received a Time Train from an eBay transaction. It was
described as
:>>"new
:>>>in beaten box" which was true enough. Everything was there in the
polybags
:>>>except for 2 pieces. Both are black bricks with 2 slanted sides.
They
:measure
:>>>3x3, I think. They're just like the standard corner roof bricks,
only 3x3
:>>>instead of 2x2.
:>>>
:>>>Does anyone know if those are normally packaged loose in the box?
That would
:>>>explain how they might have been lost. And, more importantly, does
anyone
:>know
:>>>how I could find a couple real fast? Is there a current set with
those
:pieces
:>>>or would anyone like to sell me these?
:>>
:>>Those two black 3x3 corner low-slope pieces are not supposed to be
loose in
:>the
:>>6497 box, they're supposed to be in one of the polybags.  Were any
bags
:>already
:>>open, taped or otherwise resealed?  I'd say this is rather
suspicious
:>>considering those pieces are rather popular and not all that
common.  Maybe
:>the
:>>seller decided to lift the pieces he wanted and sell off the
leftovers to
:>>unsuspecting eBay bidders.  Too bad if that is the case.  You
should try
:>>calling Lego Consumer Affairs, and consider contacting the eBay
seller to
:>>inquire about this suspicious behavior.
:>>
:>>-Mike
:>
:>First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who quickly responded to my
message.
:>This is all rather enlightening.
:>
:>Unfortunately, I don't recall any of the polybags being obviously
tampered
:>with, but I suppose it's possible that someone very craftily opened
and
:>resealed one.
:>
:>Also unfortunate... it's very hard to accuse the eBay seller, even
if
:>wrongdoing is apparent, until I hear their side of the story.
Perhaps they
:>bought this set from the rip-off artist in question and never looked
at it. I
:>don't know. I am assuming wrong-doing at some point, as I've never
heard of
:>missing pieces from a sealed Lego set. Lego has a pretty perfect rep
in the
:>quality control arena.
:>
:>Hopefully Consumer Affairs can help me out here. Thanks a lot. If
anyone else
:>has any ideas or thoughts on this, let me know.
:
:Well, Consumer Affairs was VERY accommodating. They agreed to send me
the two
:pieces after I described my predicament. I was really impressed. They
just took
:it on faith that since I had an exact description of the piece and
knew where
:it appeared in the instructions that I was telling the truth. It was
my first
:time dealing with C.A., and I was very pleased and took it as yet
another sign
:that LEGO Systems is one of the best damn companies out there, in any
industry.
:
:And thanks to everybody here for the info.
:
:Ectal