 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 16026
    Pay Pal —Douglas Pool
   Hello, I have been doing some investigation into various sets on Bricklink.com and ebay and have noticed something kind of odd. There seems to be a lot of people that do not list Pay Pal in their accepted form of payment. I am slow to convert to a (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: Pay Pal —Ray Sanders
     (...) I'm sure you will get a variety of answers to this query... For most sellers, PayPal is not free. The amount that you send to the seller is delivered to the seller less a fee. PayPal takes that fee out of the entire amount that you send (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: Pay Pal —Scott E. Sanburn
     Douglas & All, (...) Well, I can't sepak on behalf on all people using Paypal, but I know of people who use Paypal that don't have any problems with it (Like me!) and others that have had a horrid time using it. There are a lot of horror stories out (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: Pay Pal —Bryan Wong
     (...) I'm one of the people at Bricklink that won't accept Paypal payments, but I'll use it to send money when buying stuff. It is very easy and convenient to use Paypal to send funds, especially if I want to use my credit card. However, I don't (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: Pay Pal —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Reading this over I get the sense that you might think that people that don't take PayPal are somehow bad people or behind the times or haven't done their homework. I think that may be selling them short. I think a lot of them HAVE done their (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: Pay Pal —Douglas Pool
     Hello again, I have been reading peoples responses and I have a better understanding for the most part. I don't understand the fee thing, I am not sure what account people that are paying fees with paypal signed up for, the one I have, I have (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

         Re: Pay Pal —Rob Doucette
     (...) In the US, PayPal users are allowed to have 2 accounts: 1 business, 1 personal. Personal Accounts - Cannot be linked to the same bank account/credit card as any other PayPal account - Cannot accept credit card funded payments which also means (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.services)

         Re: Pay Pal —Douglas Pool
      (...) Hello, Thanks for pointing that out Rob. I was thinking I should go back and reread the fine print on my paypal account. I can see now why big sellers might not like this so much, I personally would not do $1000 a month in sales, I barely put (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.market.services)

         Re: Pay Pal —Douglas Brod
     (...) Which is why a number of Bricklink sellers have one of each account. When they invoice, they state two prices: one for cash/balance transfer, one for credit card. Either CC has an extra charge of about $0.30 +3% more, of the cash/balance price (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.market.services)

         Re: Pay Pal —Thomas Garrison
     (...) I agree that that would be an obviously sensible business strategy; *a lot* of money passes through PayPal's hands, and most of its users would be happy to let PayPal collect interest on that money for a few days---it is still faster than (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.market.services)

        Re: Pay Pal —Scott Arthur
   See: (URL) A Have you had a look at Arthurs Seat Yet? (2 URLs) (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)