 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 14074
Re: Solid Aluminum 2x4 Bricks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 00:31:19 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Adrian Drake writes:

The point is, he produced 22 bricks, not a few thousand.

But you're missing MY point. Where's the cut off? When he makes 100? 150? 151?
756? 2002? Would it matter if he wasn't so well known in the AFOL community? I
think it opens up a whole can of worms when you start selling the parts, vs.
just making them for yourself or for friends.

With technology growing exponentially, fairly soon it will become less costly
to produce accurate reverse-engineered parts (of anything). I would
think Lego would be watching carefully, but I guess I'll never know. Whether
they could actually legally do anything about it is an entirely different
argument...

Darrell

p.s. Don't get me wrong, I'm not making any judgement one way or another about
whether Bram should be making these things. I'm just asking questions!