 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13041
  PayPal warnings

Hi All, Just found this site which has some disturbing info & testimonials about PayPal - I don't use PayPal, 'cos their CC check can't verify my card, but I thought there's probably a few people here who do. (URL) .market.b-s-t (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general)

  Re: PayPal warnings

(...) I have never had a problem yet! (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: PayPal warnings

I've had numerous minor irritations with Paypal, but not any chargeback situations or anything truely bad like some of the stuff described at the site. I was truely shocked that paypal was LOSING money though. I mean, where is it all going? With the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: PayPal warnings

I just got 2 emails from service@paypal.com saying I had unclaimed money (about $12 total) from people I don't recognize, to an email address I don't use, from over a year ago. Bizarre. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: PayPal warnings

(...) Not me. Their margins are quite thin. Their revenue model is to make a microscopic margin on the transaction charges, and also interest on the balance that's held in everyone's account. Figure they charge roughly 3% on the transaction, and (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: PayPal warnings

Erik Olson wrote in message ... (...) don't (...) Me too... I think thy were from when people sent us money with a typo in the email address (mine has an extra period on the end of an address I *do* use) and of course they are still sitting there (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: PayPal warnings

(...) Now have I. The site gripes about how impossible it is to get a hold of PayPal employees if you need help on an issue. In fact, when I have dealt with them, it was fairly easy to reach a live operator, who was in turn among the most friendly (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: PayPal warnings

(...) Pretty much spam - I haven't heard one person agreeing to it on usenet, but quite a few disagreeing with it. I've heard this is Citibank spam, as they have a new electronic payment scheme that competes with Paypal. -john, humorless toad. (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: PayPal warnings

(...) Yeah, that's what it looks like. Except PayPal won't give me the money until I upgrade to Premier. Sucks. These two people used my private email address at the time. I marked them down as "paid" on my spreadsheet and shipped out the Lego! And (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: PayPal warnings

Erik Olson wrote in message ... (...) the (...) use) (...) going (...) until (...) Even weirder... the one I had was for my email address that I have on my premier account (but with an extra period on the end). The transaction is not in the history (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: PayPal warnings

Just found out something about Paypal. Well, I was making a payment to someone and I was wrong about my balance. I was short a few dollars, so rather than take from my paypal balance, it issued an echeck from my bank account. Problem was, for (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: PayPal warnings

(...) Not only that but the ToS have changed drastically several times since paypal's service was introduced. I am still going to keep my account because I love the convience, but I am definately keeping close watch on both my paypal account and my (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)