 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13049
Re: PayPal warnings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 04:24:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Troy Cefaratti writes:
I've had numerous minor irritations with Paypal, but not any chargeback
situations or anything truely bad like some of the stuff described at the
site.

I was truely shocked that paypal was LOSING money though.  I mean, where is
it all going?  With the fees they are charging they should be making it hand
over fist.

Not me.  Their margins are quite thin.  Their revenue model is to make a
microscopic margin on the transaction charges, and also interest on the
balance that's held in everyone's account.  Figure they charge roughly 3% on
the transaction, and have to pay back at least 2% of that.

-- Scott

I find it amusing that they almost lost their ability to take mastercard
because of the large amounts of chargebacks they had....

Troy