 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13068
Re: PayPal warnings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:14:05 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Kevin Wilson writes:
Erik Olson wrote in message ...
I just got 2 emails from service@paypal.com saying I had unclaimed money
(about $12 total) from people I don't recognize, to an email address I • don't
use, from over a year ago. Bizarre.

Me too... I think thy were from when people sent us money with a typo in the
email address (mine has an extra period on the end of an address I *do* use)
and of course they are still sitting there unclaimed. Maybe Paypal is going
through cleaning them out.

Yeah, that's what it looks like. Except PayPal won't give me the money until
I upgrade to Premier. Sucks.

These two people used my private email address at the time. I marked them
down as "paid" on my spreadsheet and shipped out the Lego! And I never had
that email associated with the paypal account; all I got was a "You've got
cash - to claim your cash, do XYZ..." Now that I've added that email
address, I have the option to claim those payments if I first upgrade to
Premier and pay 2.9% plus .30. I guess it will take a while for fees to
equal the total I need to claim...