 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11439
Re: New Brickbay promotion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 03:47:03 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, William R. Ward writes:
Have fun and good luck!

I believe to make this legal you have to allow people to also be
eligible to win by mailing you a postcard ("no purchase necessary" is
a required part of any sweepstakes)...

Ah yes, but shouldn't Brickbay also be collecting tax? Or paying taxes on
earned income? Or many other things that would be "legally required" if
Brickbay shops were "real" businesses? I think this might be considered
taking life too seriously.

Personally, I applaud the effort of trying to spice up what is becoming a
pretty dull (although extremely cool) commerce endeavor. I have wondered
since day one of Brickbay when we would start to see promotions. Now I am
keeping an eye out for partnerships and co-promotions!

Jake

---
Jake McKee
AFOL