 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11091
Re: Brickbay is back up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 03:45:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Dan Jezek writes:
It looks like Interland has fixed the problem, that's all I know.  But all
files including some databases show last modified date of 5/10/01.  They
must have restored them from a backup.  This means that messages, feedback
and order detail items from 5/10/01 till today (whenever the site was
available) were wiped out.  I didn't receive any info on this.

If so, Bummer. I would say that losing 11 days worth of stuff is not very
professional on their part. Not telling you makes it even worse. Very
unprofessional.

If that wazoo gives you a hard time about bandwidth you ought to complain
right back at him (yes, probably he's safely legally disclaimed, but still,
good businesses don't stand on what their legals say, they stand on keeping
their reputation in good shape) about the lost revenue direct to your bottom
line, and worse, the much larger lost revenue of all your customers as well
as rework of orders, feedback, etc, etc, etc.

And (maybe???) start looking for another provider if you haven't already...
I sent you some (hopefully helpful) thoughts offline and a number of other
folks probably did as well.

++Lar