 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11077
Re: Yet another Brickbay thread
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 20:14:06 GMT

Someone mentioned another webhost, maybe dedicated.  Can anyone recommend a
reliable one?  I would be willing to pay for a dedicated server except that
from what I've been able to find out, it costs about $1000 a month for
IIS/ASP/SQL server which is out of the question.
Another solution is to host the site at home.  I could get the hardware and
software but the only thing I don't know how to do is to hook it up to the
internet so it stays connected 24/7 and the DSN numbers stay attached to the
server I would have at home permanently even if there is a power outage.

I'll call Interland in the morning and try to get some sort of decent answer
from them.

Thanks for bearing with me in this strange situation.

Dan

Dan,
Like everyone else, I am going through Brickbay withdrawal, but, unlike a
lot of others, I know someone who may be able to help - my husband.

He works for a major software company - his employment agreement may prevent
him from giving formal, professional free-lance advice, but he definitely
would be able to give you friendly pointers towards a more suitable ASP or
how-to's to do things yourself.  Would you like me to get him in touch with
you?  Or do you have a direction to go in already?

I know I'm not one of the more familiar people on LUGNet, but I would like
to help, if only to give a referral to someone who knows what he's talking
about.

Good luck, Dan!
Tanya