 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11065
  Re: Yet another Brickbay thread

(...) I am aware of all the outages that are going on including the most recent one. I have an opened problem ticket since yesterday when the problem was first reported again. Looks like noone's working on it. First the site is down for 5 days last (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Yet another Brickbay thread

(...) As frustrating as this all is, I think it has to be quite frustrating for Dan to as he is the one who has to wear all our slack and disappointment (at a guess). I am guessing that Dan can't post us about anything till he knows what is going on (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Yet another Brickbay thread

With regards to the site usage report, does it show only outgoing, only ingoing, or both? I'm not sure, but I think most sites would be charging for bandwidth usage both ways. And some may start to get finicky about it if they find that the incoming (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Yet another Brickbay thread

(...) Lugnet(tm) is hosted on Pair, I believe, and I have heard nothing but good stuff about them. However I believe it is not an IIS/ASP/SQL site. I think it uses Linux underneath. Todd can speak definitively. Some other good people to seek (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Yet another Brickbay thread

(...) Good point. But 17 of ingoing and only 5 of outgoing?? doesn't sound right. Even with bulk uploads of inventory, etc, I would expect most traffic to be outbound. ++Lar (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GDn3AG.Cus@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) NCLUG.net is also hosted by Pair. They run FreeBSD and they do not have support for IIS and ASP. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Well I don't know much about that stuff , but in case Dan chooses to "remove" (and finds a good new host) - how long will it take until BBay is up again ? "Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:GDn4ny.F44@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Yet another Brickbay thread

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Dan Jezek writes: <snip> (...) Dan, Should the worse come to pass, and you/we have to move to another provider, how far back is your most recent backup of BrickBay ? Prior to the latest disruption, the highest order (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  We're pulling for you!

Dan, This must really be a pain in the **s for you, but I just wanted to say that I wish I knew the technical side of things so I could offer some suggestions or help. Anyways, even though I've got a few orders pending (I just discovered the range (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: We're pulling for you!

I am just afraid that when they finally decide to "repair" it (if ever) that it will be down in an hour - while all 3000 members who are "patianetly waiting" now, will storm into shops to update inventories or buy stuff ! (I wanted to add about 200 (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Yet another Brickbay thread

(...) Dan, Like everyone else, I am going through Brickbay withdrawal, but, unlike a lot of others, I know someone who may be able to help - my husband. He works for a major software company - his employment agreement may prevent him from giving (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Yet another Brickbay thread

Hi Tanya ! Maybe you should send this message directly to Dan ... Or someone can forward it to him (in case he hasn't got time to check our our conversations) ! Enjoy ! Dejan & Nives "Tanya Burkhart" <TatyanaI@cableone.net> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Dave Simmons, please contact me asap

Dave, Regarding your orders in my Brickbay shop, The Lego Heap, I am not able to reach you via email due to your ISP bouncing all messages back. Is there another way to reach you? Thank, Melanie (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)