 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1425 (-20)
  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) I don't understand _your_ point. Is it that people are weak or inconsiderate? Chris (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: If you were wondering about the BrickFest Event Kit...(thanking the vendors and help)

(...) What a nice kit. Is it possible to get instructions? JPGs or printed? It was impossible for all of us to attend BrickFest 2004. Thanks. Saso (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) I shall need time to think about that. ;) scott A (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) This is now not possible, as Bricklink has been changed (URL) to allow buyers to add the remainder to their cart, even if it's not a multiple of the bulk amount. That is I believe what prompted Lar to enter the description that caused this (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Given the vast number of sellers who do just that (especially in terms of S&H/insurance surcharges), without getting into trouble over it, I'm guessing from that that it's okay to say "If you buy X, you must also buy Y", but that it's not okay (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) I understand your point, but this in no way would effect my shopping on bricklink (and I suspect MOST others). Jamie (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Personally, I see it as resolved now. Almost all of us can all still buy or sell. Follow the rules. It can be debated all we want, but to me, it is resolved. (and I stress - To Me) Jamie Jamie (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

I believe Larry's actions were entirely appropriate, and those of Dan completely inappropriate and unprofessional. Though I am not a high profile Bricklink customer (I've only spent a few hundred there), I will not shop there unless and until his (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: If you were wondering about the BrickFest Event Kit...(thanking the vendors and help)

(...) My guess is ... courtesy Nik Pieniazek? -Tim (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

  Re: If you were wondering about the BrickFest Event Kit...(thanking the vendors and help)

(...) This kit was great, when I saw it in person, I had to have one. I never did figure out one thing thoa: why the soccer ball? (URL) -Alfred (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

This whole situation is so unfortunate on so many levels. Dan seems upset that Larry is trying to use Bricklink in a way that he doesn't intend (even though the TOS doesn't seem to address the gray area of stores imposing "terms and conditions" on (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Purple Dave wrote in message ... (...) but (...) TXT (...) to (...) it (...) Been there, done that :-) It's still a a nuisance, and the more of them you have, the more of a nuisance it is. Many of my kits are simply not on BL because I got fed up (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Hey, that's true-- but what you're also not counting are the number of posts that are favoring Larry. And that's my point about bad press. There are people out there who (if things like this continue) who will abandon BL. Heck, on the BL (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Clarification? Fair enough. I'm referring specifically to Item 8 of the TOS, which states outright that he can terminate access at any time without notice. That's the criterion I'm using, and, as it's written, it contractually grants Dan the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) That sounds a little subjective (...) In what way is he paranoid? (...) Now that sounds like paranoia. (...) Now you sound paranoid. (...) Last month I had what I thought was a serious problem; I could not pay my BL fee due to a PAYPAL (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

Larry, You are painting a very dark picture. Without divulging names, can you give us more details on these "previous incidents in the past"? Scott A (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) I would like clarification here. Are you asserting that Dan has applied the ToS consistently and fairly? What evidence of that do you have? I have evidence to the contrary. I acknowledge that he doesn't *have* to be consistent and fair, there (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) But what are you using as the standard of judgment? I can't think of any justification to judge Dan's actions except in terms of consistent application of the TOS. Has he failed in this regard? I don't think so. Do some people find his (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) I believe honestly that if Larry saw exactly what played out leading up to his banning happen to you or Richard, he would support reinstating the banned member because of their earnest attempt to act in good faith in the situation (regardless (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  (canceled)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact