 Marketplace / Brick Shops / *1795 (-20)
Subject:
A Brick Too Far USA reopens on BrickLink
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 18:22:48 GMT

Well, it’s time to reopen my store after a 5 year hiatus. I hope that you’ll stop by and take a look:

A Brick Too Far USA

I’ll be adding more parts and sets over the next couple of months as I verify this, that and the other thing.

I am only shipping within the US for now until I get back in the groove of selling again (I also am still trying to find out if there are currency conversion fees deducted when dealing with Paypal payments from out of the US when the buyer uses a currency other than US dollars).

Subject:
Recently Updated My Bricklink Shop!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 2010 17:33:16 GMT

Hello all,

It's been a long time since I've logged on to Lugnet.  Hope all is well and it's
glad to be back.  Anyway, I have listed almost all of my brand new Lego parts on
my Bricklink store.  I'm moving to a smaller apartment and everything cannot fit
in the new place.  All prices are low and shipping is never high.  I ship
worldwide.  Please check out my shop.

Thanks!
Joe Franco
NYC

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=JoeSS

PS:  If interested in everything in the whole store, email me.  I'm reasonable -
I'll knock off a good amount of money if sold all in one lot.

Subject:
10% off Metal Brick keychains through Friday!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2009 03:22:21 GMT

10% off anything at http://shop.bldesign.org/, now through Friday, Dec 11. Use coupon code SINTK10 when you check out.

Subject:
Black Friday starts today, 25 - 65 % off at Docking Bay 94
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 2009 03:28:59 GMT

November has been fantastic for Docking Bay 94 and to finish it with a bang
everything is marked down 25 - 65% off already low prices.

25% off remaining Star Wars minifigs and sets
35% off remaining Star Wars magnet figs and keychains
50% off most parts
65% off stickers & instructions

May not be able to pick and invoice during the holiday festivities Wednesday
night and Thursday, but will be happy to be kept busy on Friday.

Happy shopping and happy early holiday shopping!

John
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jaradtke

Subject:
LEGO Lights now available!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:24:26 GMT

I now have most of the LEGO LED Light items available! These are oversized
minifigs
or bricks that contain LED lights.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh&catID=G143

Only missing the keychain, which is backordered...

Very cool stuff!

Troy

Subject:
20 - 50% OFF ALL PARTS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:10:57 GMT

It is sale time again at Troy's Surplus Toys!

All parts have been put on at least 20% off sale, with some items that I am
tired of having around having discounts up to 50% off.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh

Thanks,

Troy

Subject:
Franks Bricks has opened
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 04:51:14 GMT

I have just opened a BrickLink store with many new sets for sale. Over the
next few months, I will also be adding parts.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=ffilz

Lots of Town and Train, a few small Castle, some Pirate, some Star Wars,
some Technic, some Model Team, and more.

Thanks for shopping

Frank

Re: LDraw2BrickLink script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 2009 00:38:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
Yeah, I think I remember seeing your post on the Blender importer.  That was
really interesting!  Would you mind posting a few pictures of your models
rendered in Blender?

Scott

I haven't actually made very much, but here's one made with a beta and ambient
lighting:
http://impiaaa.googlepages.com/basicminifig.jpg
These I made with an alpha that actually ended up getting scrapped:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ2LHOamZNA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHqByke3oUU

-Spencer

Re: LDraw2BrickLink script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 01:05:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Spencer Alves wrote:
Also, I made a Blender LDraw importer even though I knew there were 3 already
out there, just because the others were unmaintained and I knew mine would be
better :-)
-Spencer

Yeah, I think I remember seeing your post on the Blender importer.  That was
really interesting!  Would you mind posting a few pictures of your models
rendered in Blender?

Scott

Re: LDraw2BrickLink script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 2009 14:39:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
It isn't very well advertised, but you should check out BrickStore
<http://www.brickforge.de/software/brickstore>  It is open source and does the
same thing in a GUI.

After spending hours and hours programming StickerGenerator, I was told that
there was already a Bitmap2LDraw.  I now use both; as each has unique features.
I had a lot of fun and learned a lot creating it.  I might have even done it
again knowing Bitmap2LDraw already existed.

Scott W.
I've heard of BrickStore, but I didn't know it could import LDraw files and
export XML for searching. I'll look into it.
The script really wasn't much work gone to waste. I might still use it.
Also, I made a Blender LDraw importer even though I knew there were 3 already
out there, just because the others were unmaintained and I knew mine would be
better :-)
-Spencer

Re: LDraw2BrickLink script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:56:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Spencer Alves wrote:
Hi,
I made a simple Python script, which you can download here:
http://impiaaa.googlepages.com/ldraw2bricklink.zip
that takes an LDraw model file as input and outputs BrickLink XML, which can be
pasted into a search here:
http://www.bricklink.com/storeFilter.asp
It might be useful for people who wish to build a mockup/prototype of a model in
LDraw, then order the parts to build it in real life. An alternative use is
getting your Lego Factory creations for a much cheaper price. :-)

Instructions for use:
1. Download and unzip the script.
2. Download and install Python v2.6 (www.python.org) if you haven't already.
3. Enter this into the command prompt:
python <path-to-script> <path-to-model-file>
(replace <path-to-script> with the full file path and file name of the script,
and <path-to-model-file> with the full path to the model file that you wish to
use)
4. Press return/enter.
5. Copy and paste the resulting XML into the BrickLink store search page. Press
search.
Ta-da! A list of stores with the parts you need will appear.

-Spencer

It isn't very well advertised, but you should check out BrickStore
<http://www.brickforge.de/software/brickstore>  It is open source and does the
same thing in a GUI.

After spending hours and hours programming StickerGenerator, I was told that
there was already a Bitmap2LDraw.  I now use both; as each has unique features.
I had a lot of fun and learned a lot creating it.  I might have even done it
again knowing Bitmap2LDraw already existed.

Scott W.

Subject:
LDraw2BrickLink script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:09:17 GMT

[...]

Subject:
SALE TIME! 25% - 50% OFF Select Items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:19:19 GMT

I am bored at work, and my minions are surely bored due to the lack of work, so
I have been putting items on sale!  Discounts range from 25% to 50% OFF.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh&saleID=y

I will continue to place items on sale throughout the day, so check back often.

Troy

Odd request: need a set from S@H + stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 16:44:57 GMT

Hello

A friend of mine wants to buy a 8527 robot which is not avaiable in EU. Could any seller at bricklink offer to buy it and handle it to us?

There is a catch: I want to buy some parts myself:

1) parts to build 6035 and 6061

2) parts to build the box car from 4512 and maybe a passenger car from 3225

I’ll buy the parts at some time anyway...

WBR Sonnich

Subject:
10% - 30% OFF all Parts / Minifigs / Instructions / Gear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 00:09:06 GMT

My packing minions have run out of orders to do, and I can't have them sitting
around idle, so you know what that means!  It is SALE TIME again!

I have set All Parts, Minifigs, Instructions and Gear (Basically everything but
Sets) to 10% OFF!  I have also increased the discount on all wedge and Bionicle
categories (including sets) to 30% OFF!

Come help me stimulate the economy and keep my minions working and out of
trouble!

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh&rID=-5

Thanks,

Troy

Subject:
25% OFF any single lot of Parts! Again! :-D
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2009 04:26:42 GMT

I have ended my 10% off sale, but am still in a generous mood, so I will run my
25% OFF any single PART lot again!  So if you missed it last week, here is your
chance again!  I will even run it longer this time so everyone has a chance to
see the announcement!

How to participate:

Follow this link to my store (and this link only):
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh&rID=-5

Place an order for 1 part lot and 1 part lot only. A "lot" is any quantity of
a single item. Exceptions will be granted for items that are generally sold
in pairs (Left and Right Doors/Wedges/Etc.). If in doubt, ask me.

Include the following "code" in the notes section of your order: "25% Off Sale"

I will apply the discount manually when I invoice your order.

Rules:

Standard shipping charges will still apply and will not be discounted.

My store does not have a minimum order.  Minimum shipping charge is $2.50

Order additions are not allowed.  Order can not be combined with any other
orders.

Only one order per person / username may be submitted during this sale. If you
currently have an open order with me, pay for it so that I can mark it PAID and
you can place a new order.

Sale will end  Tuesday, March 10, 2009 11:59:59 PM BrickLink Server Time.

Thanks,

Troy
Troy's Surplus Toys

Subject:
10% OFF Everything! No Exclusions!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 05:13:15 GMT

The subject pretty much says it all.  10% off everything in my store with no exclusions.   Parts, sets, gear, Instructions, etc.

Just follow this link:
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh&rID=-5

Shipping will still be applied at standard rates.

Sale will end unexpectedly at some random time in the future, so buy now!

Thanks,

Troy

Subject:
25% OFF any single lot of Parts!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 05:09:51 GMT

Troy's Surplus Toys is offering everyone the opportunity to purchase any single
PART lot for 25% off regular price! All part lots are eligible for this sale,
and I have been lowering prices lately, so there should be some good deals to be
found.

How to participate:

Follow this link to my store (and this link only):
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh&rID=-5

Place an order for 1 part lot and 1 part lot only. A "lot" is any quantity of a
single item.  Exceptions will be granted for items that are generally sold in
pairs (Left and Right Doors/Wedges/Etc.).  If in doubt, ask me.

Include the following "code" in the notes section of your order: "25% Off Sale"

I will apply the discount manually when I invoice your order.

Rules:

Standard shipping charges will still apply and will not be discounted.

My store does not have a minimum order.

Order additions are not allowed.

Only one order per person / username may be submitted during this sale. If you
currently have an open order with me, let me know and I will mark it Packed so
that you can place a new order.

Sale will end at midnight Tuesday night BrickLink Server Time.

Thanks,

Troy
Troy's Surplus Toys
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh&rID=-5

Subject:
Boxcar instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2009 07:04:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Now available from:

http://bricks.railfonts.com

Boxcar- set 101

After many requests for instructions for my boxcar,

I’ve finally sat down and put together an instruction book. The result is a 62 page instruction set providing directions to build four variations on the classic American boxcar out of LEGO bricks. The instructions include both graphical and tabular parts lists for all four of the models.

Recognizing that many of you reading this may not be that familiar with how to obtain your own parts (or more likely, don’t want to place six different orders), I’ve made three variants that are compatible with the existing part selection from LEGO Factory. I’ve prepared parts packs for the latter three with the intent that you can order them directly from LEGO Shop at Home (as of this writing they were priced between $40 and $50 ea). The instructions include links to order these parts packs.

The first variant shows you how to built it in brown. You will either need the bricks or know how to order them from www.bricklink.com, ebay.com, lego.com, etc.. The other three variants that are compatible with the current part selection from LEGO Factory show you how to build a boxcar in red, tan and white. This instruction set is for a fan made custom model design that uses LEGO bricks to create the model. Since the LEGO Group does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this product, and the selection of bricks in the LEGO Factory periodically changes, the availability of these parts packs are subject to change. If a change in availability does occur, we include a link for you to find any parts pack updates.

The instruction set is currently priced at $19.97. You can either download it for no extra cost (typically within 8 hours of ordering it) or have it shipped on a CDROM for a small additional charge. I will look into printing options soon.

It was a heck of a lot more work than I thought it would be (and it took five different graphics programs to actually make it work). But I hope the quality shows in the end product.

Obviously you can take these ideas and build any number of them for your own use in whatever color combination is most convenient to you (I have a rainbow assortment of the boxcars myself).

Happy building,

Benn

http://bricks.railfonts.com

Subject:
Birthday Sale at Missing Brick, up to 41% off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 17:26:35 GMT

It is time to have my annual Birthday sale... I have it a bit early this year, it will start now and end on my Birthday (Monday the 9th).

Here is the sale, it is very similar to previous years. 1 sale order per member for the duration of the sale.

You can buy either parts, OR minifigs, OR sets. For this sale, I accept any order over $2.00. If your order is between $2 and $15, use the password: broke

Parts: If you choose parts, you may order 1 lot only (1 lot can be any quantity of the exact same piece, so 500 1x2 blue bricks is only 1 lot), and you will get 41% off. You will have to pay shipping on this order. Shipping will be postage cost only, and will be estimated in your invoice. If actual S@H is more than $1 less, I will refund the actual difference. If actual S@H is more than the invoice, I will pay the rest. I will make some exceptions to the 1-lot only rule: if you order parts that are typically paired or combined, you may order the 2 complimentary lots. Examples are right and left wedges (must order the right shape/color), right and left wings, hinge bases and hinge tops (any color combination), or hinge plates/bricks with 1 finger and 2 fingers, trap doors with trap door frames, etc. Orders not conforming to these guidelines will be treated as normal orders (no discount). The discount will be manually calculated and show up as a credit on the invoice. Coupons are NOT accepted, and will not increase the discount.

Minifigs: If you order minifigs, you may order 1 lot only (order as many as you like of the same fig), and get 25% off. You will have to pay shipping on this order. Shipping will be postage cost only, and will be estimated in your invoice. If actual S@H is more than $1 less, I will refund the actual difference. If actual S@H is more than the invoice, I will pay the rest. Orders not conforming to these guidelines will be treated as normal orders (no discount). The discount will be manually calculated and show up as a credit on the invoice. Coupons are NOT accepted, and will not increase the discount.

Sets: You may order 1 lot of sets (10 of the same set is 1 lot), and get 20% off. You will have to pay shipping on this order (you would anyway with sets in my store). Shipping will be postage cost only, and will be estimated in your invoice. If actual S@H is more than $1 less, I will refund the actual difference. If actual S@H is more than the invoice, I will pay the rest. Orders not conforming to these guidelines will be treated as normal orders (no discount). The discount will be manually calculated and show up as a credit on the invoice. Coupons are NOT accepted, and will not increase the discount.

Once you have placed an order, DO NOT ADD to that order. I will try to get you an invoice soon, and will then set the order status to packed. You can then place normal orders in my store.

Paul

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=BrickBuy

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact