 Marketplace / Auctions / 9688 (-20)
  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet

(...) the creator of a (...) IANAL, and it's been at least a decade since I read a book on copyright law, but at least in the US copyrights exist as soon as the work is created. In other countries things are different; for example, many require the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

Heavy. In my gut I know this kinda thing suckz. Its hard to put in words. Bare with me. I'd be a little put off too if its true what you suspect. When using Lego to represent certain shapes, contours and designs, for us, using the various shapes and (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

Am I the only that is wondering why we are talking about this to the detail that we are since Lamborghini should be the one that should be worried about an image that I would venture to guess that they own a copyright to? Also, aren't there a very (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

(...) This doesn't make much sense to me. If I create a sculpture, for example, I own the copyright to the sculpture, because it is a unique creative work, right? So if I build a MOC, I have the copyright to the MOC, not just the pictures of it... (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

"TooMuchDew" <wtoenjes@attbi.com> wrote in message news:H7v0uI.42r@lugnet.com... (...) piece (...) Yea, straight to me with the address and phone number of the person who buys it. :)) -- Lego is not a toy: it's a way of life! Build on! (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

(...) To inject a bit of levity here, see: (URL) the notice (URL)copyright..you are not allowed to copy my design and try to (...) Not wanting to be at all mean-spirited here (I'm guessing by the spelling errors this is a younger poster) but at (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

The thread about the borrowed Lamborghini Diablo design illustrates some significant issues about intellectual property (IP) and the Internet. The facts of the matter are ... 1) content on the Internet can be accessed worldwide (we all know this, I (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Lego 627 Large Blue Baseplates on sale at eBay

Buy up to 18 units starting at $4.00 US a piece! (URL) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

(...) Hi Jon, Actually, I don't see any problem with doing that! I would be flattered if someone found one of my ideas worthy of selling! Personally, I don't even care if they give me credit or not. Who's to say someone else didn't come up with the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

I don't think it's wrong to sell the service of actually contructing a derivative work for someone, as long as the proper credit is given, but I would and have directly contacted the creators for projects I've executed or even just thought about... (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  80 Buy It Now Lego Listings from ISLAND_OASIS

We have listed tons of Lego Instant purchase Lego goods in our Ebay store. Check them all out at the Link below: (URL) our website for info on the huge JANUARY 4th Listing day coming soon. We have over 500 LBS of Lego in stock ready to be listed. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

(...) Taking a look at both constructions, I definitely see a lot of similarities abounding between both models, so I find it very difficult for anyone to argue that this isn't a copy, In which I believe it is. For the record, here's what I found to (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  FA: 41 lots: Helmets, hats, caps, hair pieces

(URL) lots, 10 helmets/hairpieces each, opening bid $1.00 each. Ending next Thursday. E-mail with any questions. Thanks - Mark (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

I see a lot of differences between the two as well. They are both the same car and the same scale, and are going to look a lot alike if done well. I wouldn't be suprised if he saw yours beforehand and got a few ideas, but I don't really think it's a (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

(...) just (...) motors. (...) What exactly do you want? He has every right to do what he is doing. (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

(...) Not a brick is the same? Oh come now. The techniques to make the side air intakes and rear wheel fenders are IDENTICAL. That being said, there are enough differences that you could probably try to argue that they were independently designed, (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

In my opinion this is a direct copy. The only reason this differs at all from Bram's is probably because he couldn't get all the parts he wanted. To say that Bram's Diablo is a rendition of the real car is totally beside the point. Bram spent hours (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> skrev i meddelandet news:H7rM1y.DFD@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) As far as I can see, not a brick is the same in the two constructions! Just because yours is the first one you've seen in Lego, you shouldn't (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

About this copying thing; has anybody thought of the copyrigt from Lamborghini company?? :) Some of you try to make money on their nice design and well known name. But I'll agree with Matthias, both designs look a bit alike at first, but with closer (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

I am new here, but what is it you actually complain about? SO having tried to copy your design? Isn't that what happens every day in eBay that people sell things they have not invented? They even swap parts and still claim that it is the same as set (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact