 Marketplace / Auctions / 857
Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 22:00:27 GMT

Steve Scott <sls@jane-villa.demon.co.uk> wrote:
It sounds like you don't want competition.

Of course I don't, show me a seller who does!  You'll be telling us next
that you relish being outbid by other buyers :)

Well, in a free market your wants as a seller are somewhat secondary
to the wants of the much larger group of buyers you want to do
business with, aren't they?

something tells me whining like this doesn't do you much good in a lot of
people's eyes.

I really don't think anybody gives a toss Mike.  I dare say they would speak
for themselves if they did.  I think you're flattering yourself if you
believe you have the authority to represent the views of "a lot of people".
Perhaps best to stick to your own opinion.

I often like to flatter myself, thanks.  And while I wouldn't presume
to say I have any "authority" over anyone there are times when I do
indeed seem to say things that a lot of other people are thinking.
Else I wouldn't receive lots of nice "way to go" or "I agree
completely" e-mail messages from people who (I guess) just don't like

Kinda funny to thank someone and call them a parasite all in the same
message.

Just adding a sense of balance to my post :)

I guess the smiley there is supposed to make everyone think it's ok?
I don't find it amusing or acceptable to refer to another respectable
person here as a parasite, and yes, that's MY opinion.

Like I said earlier, it is the principle (thanks Larry) that I'm objecting
to.
1 auction,1 seller.  If there are 3 folks selling the same item then there
should be 3
auctions.  Why don't you ask if you can advertise you Lego for sale in your
local toyshop window?  I'm sure the shopkeeper will explain in words of one
syllable :)

Well, your analogy would make sense except that the toyshop owner OWNS
the window.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide