 Off-Topic / Debate / 595
Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 17:38:02 GMT

Steve Scott <sls@jane-villa.demon.co.uk> wrote:
Well, in a free market your wants as a seller are somewhat secondary
to the wants of the much larger group of buyers you want to do
business with, aren't they?

Quite the opposite actually - when there are more buyers than sellers, you
have a sellers market.  Sellers have the upper hand.  Its a fairly
elementary concept.

I'd say if you have multiple sellers competing to the point that lower
prices are offered that annoy you then you don't quite HAVE that
seller's market.

If you as a seller want $1,000 for your set that normally fetches $200
it doesn't matter how many buyers you have - you still won't make it.
Unless, of course, you find the random moron who would be willing to
abide by your wishes instead of using common sense.

I guess the smiley there is supposed to make everyone think it's ok?
I don't find it amusing or acceptable to refer to another respectable
person here as a parasite, and yes, that's MY opinion.

To quote one of your *milder* defamatory posts:
"I see Buel's been skipping his clue pills again."

Please don't have the audacity to lecture me on acceptable language.

Well, given that Buel doesn't fit my definition of "another
respectable person" I think I'll lecture you on anything I want.

Quote the dictionary definition of parasite all you want.  Fact is,
you stepped on it and you tried to slide out of it by being glib and
now by telling me I live in a glass house.

I admit I live in a glass house, but you're the one who got all bitchy
and called Bendyarm a parasite.

Well, your analogy would make sense except that the toyshop owner OWNS
the window.

Fair point - I'm prepared to concede that one.
perhaps I should have said - set up your stall on the sidewalk outside his
shop window.

That wouldn't work either.  Either he owns the sidewalk (unlikely) or
you'd need to get a license to operate a street vending business,
something I doubt you could get.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET