 Off-Topic / Debate / 597
Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 22:26:56 GMT

John DiRienzo wrote in message ...
MAIN PURPOSE OF THIS POST: END THIS THREAD!

{snip}
I will add my two cents...

Funny way to end a thread?

Well, is this a buyer's market or a seller's market?  Either one works in
the free-market.  Mike, I think Scott sees it as a seller's market.

The name is Steve actually, but formalities aside, yes I do see it as a
sellers market.

Meaning that sellers should do whatever they are capable of to squeeze as • much out
of buyers as possible, including not compete with each other, but make the
buyers compete.

YOUR definition here BTW, not mine, and a cynical one if I may say so.

As a buyer, I agree with this.  The seller had two choices: to whine or • bite
his lip - he was too angered to bite his lip, and this hurts the appearance
of his character.

Appearances are deceptive remember.

I think "a lot of people" find this thread very annoying (at least in the
auction group) and found your first reply post very rude.

As I said to Mike, this is your personal opinion, to which you are entitled.
I respect the fact that you have spoken up and take on board what you have
said.  But the phrase "a lot of people" seems to be used liberally when "I"
or at most "a few people" would appear to be nearer the mark.  That still
leaves a large majority that either don't share your view or have treated
the exchange as relatively light-hearted.

Hey Mike - way to go!  I agree completely.  I would not even have bothered
if this thread had not annoyed me so.

I dare say, neither would I.

Whether you like the man or not, JFK said, "Life is unfair."  Maybe you
found the other seller's post to be unfair.  Too bad, thats the way it
wokrs.

I have no problem with Eric.  We exchanged apologies some time ago.  End of
issue.  If others wish to perpetuate for their own amusement, I'm happy to
play the same game until it gets boring.  Unless I'm mistaken, the
*majority* find such banter
entertaining.  My own feeling is that the thread has gone on long enough and
is wearing a little thin despite contributions from late adopters.