 Off-Topic / Debate / 591
Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 10:43:01 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
Steve Scott <sls@jane-villa.demon.co.uk> wrote:

Well, in a free market your wants as a seller are somewhat secondary
to the wants of the much larger group of buyers you want to do
business with, aren't they?

Quite the opposite actually - when there are more buyers than sellers, you
have a sellers market.  Sellers have the upper hand.  Its a fairly
elementary concept.

something tells me whining like this doesn't do you much good in a lot of
people's eyes.

I really don't think anybody gives a toss Mike.  I dare say they would • speak
for themselves if they did.  I think you're flattering yourself if you
believe you have the authority to represent the views of "a lot of • people".
Perhaps best to stick to your own opinion.

I often like to flatter myself, thanks.  And while I wouldn't presume
to say I have any "authority" over anyone there are times when I do
indeed seem to say things that a lot of other people are thinking.
Else I wouldn't receive lots of nice "way to go" or "I agree
completely" e-mail messages from people who (I guess) just don't like

Just adding a sense of balance to my post :)

I guess the smiley there is supposed to make everyone think it's ok?
I don't find it amusing or acceptable to refer to another respectable
person here as a parasite, and yes, that's MY opinion.

To quote one of your *milder* defamatory posts:
"I see Buel's been skipping his clue pills again."

Please don't have the audacity to lecture me on acceptable language.

1 auction,1 seller.  If there are 3 folks selling the same item then there
should be 3
auctions.  Why don't you ask if you can advertise you Lego for sale in • your
local toyshop window?  I'm sure the shopkeeper will explain in words of • one
syllable :)

Well, your analogy would make sense except that the toyshop owner OWNS
the window.

Fair point - I'm prepared to concede that one.
perhaps I should have said - set up your stall on the sidewalk outside his
shop window.

Cheers
[SteveScott]