 Marketplace / Auctions / 7615
Re: Has anywhere here dealt with this seller?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 22:15:48 GMT

Kyle D. Jackson wrote in message ...
It's the old "smoky LEGO" issue again.
I'd asked before bidding, and the seller said he couldn't detect
any smoke smell.  Well, it was very noticeably smokey
when I received it.  He just replied to me that he is a smoker
so he couldn't really tell.

Well this is a major issue to some people that don't smoke. Maybe the seller
should have been a little more forthcoming in his own habits, especially
since the guy asked specifically about smoke smell.

We have been rather successful removing smoke from Lego by adding a small
amount of Lysol to the soap and water mixture and letting it sit overnight.
Directions can only be aired out.

I once bought some Lego from someone in Germany and the smoke smell was so
bad I almost vomited while taking the Lego apart.

Rose