 Marketplace / Auctions / 7606
Re: Has anywhere here dealt with this seller?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 19:22:57 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
But now that I have some new info from the seller, I guess
I can come clean.  It's the old "smoky LEGO" issue again.
I'd asked before bidding, and the seller said he couldn't detect
any smoke smell.  Well, it was very noticeably smokey
when I received it.  He just replied to me that he is a smoker
so he couldn't really tell.  We're hoping that this is the
only smoke exposure it has received.  I'm going to try
washing the pieces and airing out the instructions to see
how it goes.

Well, I would have to say that a smoker who says he can't "detect" any smoke
smell is either completely cluess about the way the disgusting stench of
smoke and how it permeates everything it touches or isn't being completely
honest.

Smokers don't think they stink.  They don't smell the stench that clings to
them and their things the way we do.